Friday, May 8, 2009

A Rekindled Love

There was once a time, when I first started working out (back in 2004) that I would love to go to the gym. It was something new to me, and I was seeing results everyday. I went from being 130 lbs to 155 and then to 166 all in one year. I was not exactly the strongest guy, but I liked my new found body. Before that time I never really picked up a weight and just concentrated on cardio and abs. Well, after a while, I plateaued, and the gym wasn't that place to acquire new gains anymore, it was just the place 15 minutes away from me that I had to go to to keep whatever I had. When one has this kind of attitude towards working out, becoming sick of the gym is inevitable...and trips to the gym become less and less frequent. Though I still thought of it as an important part of my life, I DESPISED going to the gym, and my body suffered because of this.
Sometime during this semester, I became aware of this and how my body is not the best it could be. Something in my head clicked, allowing me to understand that the only person my lethargy was affecting was me. Why can't I have a sick body? Yeah, I'm a full time student with an obsession with Halo, but there had to be a way to manage my time to make me a gym rat once again, right? Of course there was, there ALWAYS is.
So one night, I made a gym/class/social schedule for myself. I had to make the gym a positive part of my life again, and making a schedule for it was definitely the way to go. The next day I started my schedule. I decided to work hard at the gym, and have a positive attitude. Turns out, having a positive attitude is almost all you need to do something. Ever since that day about a month ago, I have been avidly going to the gym, and whenever I have to miss a day I get really anxious and depressed. It feels so good to have such a positive addiction. The best part is, my body is turning out damn good. I am very happy with the gains I have seen in just one month. I am happy yes, but still not satisfied. I want my perfect chest, I want my perfect abs and my ripped shoulders. I love my back, its my favorite part to workout, but I'm loving chest days now too, its all about the incline press :-D
I should also not that I try to hit the gym 5 days a week, and twice a day. Last week, I fucked up my leg so I only went once a day. I do actual muscle groups in the morning/afternoon and then cardio and either lower abs, upper abs, or obliques to finish it off.
ANYTHING CAN BE DONE WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.

6 comments:

  1. u forgot ot mention ur obsession with killing trolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and stealing my chicken sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND!!!!! i dont think anything clicked in ur head... u started going to the gym again because i kept on poking ur bellllllaay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur back is ok... i like ur butt better

    ReplyDelete